Fabric Gift Box DIY with Itty Inno
Hi! My name is Erika Higley, owner of Itty Innovations. I sew comfortable and stylish clothing for children. Shortly after we were married, my husband surprised me with a sewing machine. I mostly made baby quilts in the beginning. It wasn't until we were expecting our surprise #5 that I started making baby clothes. I fell in love with sewing apparel! I mostly made things for family and friends. I had people begging me to start selling my clothing.
I finally took the plunge and opened shop February of this year.
Sewing truly is my sanity saver!
As much as I love being a mother, having something that is all my own, outside from raising little ones, has been so incredibly beneficial to me. Just know that when you purchase from my shop, you are providing me with the joy of creating. So much love goes into each item I make. Thank you for supporting my dream!
Fabric Box DIY
I'm going to teach you how to make a quick and easy fabric gift box. These are great for giving your gifts a special touch.
To start, you will need:
- six 5" x 5" squares of cotton fabric
- six 5" x 5" of felt
- four 2.5" x 5" of cotton fabric
- four 2.5" x 5" of felt.
You can use all one print of fabric or use a variety like I did.
- Begin by matching up each piece of felt with a piece of cotton fabric of the same size.
- Sew or serge 4 of your 5" square pieces in a row with right sides together (RST) using a 1/4" seam allowance. Thus, you will have a piece of felt on the bottom, then a piece of cotton (print side up), then a piece of cotton (print side down) and finally a piece of felt on top.
- Sew the first and last square together to make a loop.
- Sew a 5" square with coordinating felt piece to the bottom of the loop RST using a 1/4" seam allowance.
- Turn right side out.
- Now to make the lid: Sew the short ends of your 2.5" x 5" pieces (with their coordinating felt pieces) together in a row RST.
- Sew the first and last strip together to make a loop.
- Sew the remaining 5" square with coordinating felt piece to the bottom of the loop.
- Turn right side out.
- Sew a 1/4" hem around the top of the box and the lid of the box.
- Grab your item to be wrapped.
- Add a tag, if desired. Now go make lots more!